Rosemont Pain Relief Therapy
About Our Practice:
Dennis and Carol began their business, Rosemont Pain Relief Therapy over 20 years ago. It was born from Carol's own pain from failed back surgery in 1985. Having tried many different doctors, therapies and medicine, none of which provided any lasting relief, Carol was resigned to 'living with chronic pain'.
Dennis, at the young age of eight helped his mom with her rheumatoid arthritis and has an intuitive sense of touch and a soft focus, so it seemed natural for him to become a massage therapist.
Rosemont Therapy had thousands of satisfied clients which received traditional massage therapy from Dennis, but in 2003, all that chang
ed. Carol was referred to a therapist by her podiatrist for plantar fasciitis who used John F. Barnes myofascial release.
That therapy helped Carol the most, so we both began taking courses in JFB-MFR and by 2005 we had completely switched all of our clients from massage to Myofascial Release Therapy .
Today, Carol consults with those seeking help from us providing her unique insight from her own experience combined with Dennis' hands-on myofascial release treatments. We understand, we listen and we care about our clients and we help them relieve their pain and live healthier, less stressful lives.
We facilitate clients in their healing process safely and gently with John F. Barnes' myofascial release to allow for positive change physically and mentally and spiritually.
We are fully licensed and insured.
Based on independent, random surveys of our clients, 95% say they would return or recommend a friend or family member to us.
Dennis Wilson, M.T., Myofascial Release Therapy Therapist
- Myofascial Release Therapist (John F. Barnes, PT approach)
- Women’s Health: urinary leakage, hysterectomy scars, endometriosis, breast implant scars, C-section scars
- Business owner — full time therapist of a successful practice for
over 20 years.
- Self–Awareness Institute, Northern California
- Skill Enhancement Seminar — 40 hour internship with expert therapists
- Clinical techniques for chronic neck pain and injuries
Carol Wilson, R.N., Myofascial Release Therapy Consultant
- Registered Nurse
- Myofascial Release: Educator (John Barnes, P.T. approach)
- Health Educator
- Former Community College Instructor — Allied Health
- 7 years Hospital Nursing
- 20 years teaching in community college/private sector
- Exercise Physiology Credential
Myofascial Release Coursework
Myofascial Release I:
- Evaluation Procedures
- Lower Extremity Problems
- Cranial/Sacral Problems
- Lumbar Pelvic Problems
- Thoracic (mid-back area)
- Thoracic Outlet/Diaphragm/Pelvic Fascial Planes
- Arm Problems
- Mobility of the covering of the spinal cord/Occipital Release
- Sinus Problems
- Headache Problems/TMJ problems
Equine Myofacial Release I
Evalution and treatment of horses to reduce discomfort and to maximize performance of both the horse and rider.
Myofascial Release II
Advance Techniques For:
- Lumbar (low back) and Sacral Pain
- Psoas Complex
- Dural System
- Thoracic Release (chest area and mid-back)
- Arms, Throat, Face
- Intra-oral (work inside the mouth for symptoms like TMJ, etc)
Cervical — Thoracic
Specific Techniques for the:
- Sternum (breastbone)
- Rib Cage
- Cervical (neck) areas
- Base of skull and neck vertebrae
- Thoracic spine (mid-back)
- TMJ symptoms
- Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Fingers
- Erector Spinae
- Pelvic Floor
- Sacro-Iliac joints
- Quadratus Lumborum
- Lower extremities
- Lumbar Area (low back)
- Decrease Pain
- Increase Range of Motion
- Eliminate Subconscious “Holding or Bracing Patterns”
- Increase the Proprioceptive Awareness of the Therapist
- Increase the Mobility of the Nerves, Fascia and Bones
Skill Enhancement Seminar
Dennis completed forty hours working along side highly skilled myofascial release therapists at John F. Barnes' Sedona, AZ. treatment center.